Layout

Friday, January 20, 2012

I Blame Jane.

While learning tatting, I've learned that it's a continual learning process.  Perhaps we like it so much because it's a constant challenge or because we're always learning something new.  Either way, The Wonderful Jane mentioned me comparing my experiences with needle and shuttle in the current TIAS in an e-mail and it led me to this...


While I am still learning both methods (are we ever truly done learning?) and especially just learning shuttle tatting, I've decided to make a new blog to note the differences and hopefully help beginners by sharing what I wish I would have been told when I was starting out.  Those that have or have had a relative that tats or tatted may find it of little use, but that wasn't the case for me so I know that there must be others in the same situation.  With all the changes this world has undergone in the past few decades (and especially centuries), less and less is handed down in such a way.  We may not have blood ties, but that doesn't mean we can't be family; even if you've only been tatting for a day, please, go visit my new blog and let's share our experiences.  If you've been tatting from the womb, then you should be there to guide our trembling hands! ;-)

Okay, that's enough from me for today (or is it?).  I'm going to debate the next entry for the new blog... and hope that I don't wake up to a bunch of tatters outside of door with pitchforks and torches!
Love and Happy Tatting to all!

♥,
Stephanie Grace

1 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

I love being 'named and shamed'!!!!! Blame me all you like!!!! For me you've hit the nail on the head. Needle tatting has it's place as an introduction to tatting. Well done with your shuttle experiences.

Post a Comment