Layout

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Freestyle...

I think I've become addicted to just tatting without patterns!  New threads came yesterday and I dove right in and just started tatting.  I'm not sure if this is just to see where I end up or just to test the threads to see how I really feel about the colors, but I enjoy it nonetheless. :-)  

First to be played with was Color 625 (LizBeth).  
Just a little, bitty thing.  When I set it down as it is in the scan, I saw the top of a lady's head with a flower at her hairline, and then I saw the eyes... The bottom ring is a mouth should be... Do you see it too?  Either way, this all ended up putting Little Guitars by Van Halen in my head, so I'm calling it the Senorita doodle. LOL.  I might toy with her more at some point... Maybe?

Then, I opened up Color 665 and began freestylin' again...
Definitely needs to be played with, but I kind of like it.  

The last thing I have to show is from two days ago...
It's an atrocious scan, sorry.  This is Flopsy the butterfly. {e:laugh}  She's done in LizBeth 20, Color 135.  The pattern is designed by the wonderfully talented Jane.  It's a surprisingly simple pattern, though I did somehow leave out a picot on the center ring. >.<  I didn't notice that until the end, so I just went through a stitch --no way as I starting over for such a menial reason! LOL.  Poor Flopsy is all sorts of out of shape from being crumpled up in my hand as I tatted!  I was so afraid of the bead's weight stretching the thread, that she spent her birthing all bunched up in a ball.  Methinks I may venture into stiffening to see if I can't restore some of her dignity!  Another thing is that the backsides of both wing sets are facing each other.  I don't think that's how it's supposed to be, but I don't know what I did wrong either. LOL.  Oh well, Maybe when I make a sister for Flopsy (Will it be trite if I call her 'Mopsy'?) I'll get it right. ...And now I'm thinking I should follow that with two rabbits named Cottontail and Peter. :-D  Oh, how I love Beatrix Potter!!!  

Well, that's all I have for now.  We went to a fundraiser breakfast in support of a No Kill animal shelter, so my belly feels full which means I feel sleepy. ;-)  Pancakes = Belly sinkers!

Love and happy tatting to all!

♥,
Stephanie Grace
P.S. Eliz, thank you!!!  Not only for your constant encouragement and support, but for your feedback on the anchor.  Another friend thought maybe I should lengthen the longer chain.  I'm definitely going to be toying with that and making several versions.  Since they'll all at least somewhat resemble anchors, at least they can all decorate cards! LOL.  :-)   ♥

2 comments:

God's Kid said...

Your doodles are neat!! I like the blue one cuz' it seems to resemble a heart!
And the butterfly is nice too! :)

Suztats said...

I love to doodle tat! Looks like you've been having a lot of fun.

Post a Comment