Layout

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Two days in a row... Whoa!!!

I'm going to mark today as fairly productive!  Yay!!!  :-)  Sure, no tea, but there was tatting!  (I was too busy tatting to get up and make myself tea, LOL.). 


So, what did I make?


WARNING: These pictures are blurry and from my phone.  I'll take better ones later in the week. ;-)


Three little crosses and one little flower.  Both patterns are from Tatting Jewellery by Lyn Morton.  The crosses measure 1 1/2".  :-)  They are done in LizBeth Size 20 in Ecru, Boysenberry Dark, and Victorian Red.  The pearly beads are some pretty little shiny things I picked up at a Yard Sale. ;-)  The flower is also in LizBeth 20, in Dust Rose Lt...  I made it to decorate a card. ;-)


Closer look at the Ecru Cross (My favorite):
I did the huge picot to make an ornament... Aren't you proud?  ;-)


Then, I went with the same Christmas Tree I've tatted twice before (which was done in the same exact thread and ended up completely different sizes!  But, that's another story... LOL).
Again, huge picot at the top (and this one is REALLY huge, LOL).  Bead is a yellow glass bead that's circular, but semi-flat... I liked it. :-P  Done in LizBeth 638, Christmas Green.  Pattern is from Christmas Angels and Other Tatting Patterns by Monica Hahn.


And, finally, (well, actually this was started yesterday and the first thing I did when I woke up, LOL) another bracelet!!!
The pattern is "Design 14" from Tatting by Christel Weidmann.  The thread is LizBeth, size 20, Boysenberry Dk.... Which I regret because I really like this bracelet and which I'd done it in a color I like too...  :-/  There shall be more!  ;-)  The bead is Tibetan silver and the the closure is two nickel plated hooks and eyes (from same aforementioned yard sale, actually...).  I chose to cross the picots into X's which led me to calling this the 'Stitches Bracelet' as I tatted it.  I can't believe what I drew on my napkin actually worked! LOL.  I figured I'd mess that up COMPLETELY.... but I didn't.... Again, aren't you proud?


So, do we see anything that all of these have in common???  


They all have chain after chain!  I squashed that little devil in my head that was telling me I couldn't do chain after chain!!!  


Once again, aren't you proud?  LOL.  I am. 


Well, happy tatting to all and to all a good night!  :-*


Love to all,
Stephanie Grace

0 comments:

Post a Comment