Layout

Monday, January 17, 2011

A Mark for a Spot (Motif #4/25)

Having finished my first doily, I realized that I never really did a complete bookmark with tatting.  We couldn't stand for that, could we?  ;-)  


I joined swap-bot.com and found a swap for bookmarks.  Of course, I figured this would be the perfect time to tat my first complete bookmark.  


I used HDTs Caribbean Waters and Hosta Leaves, both size 30 from LadyDustyRose, formerly my beloved trappedinabead.com.   


I wasn't sure about the combination, but I actually really love the way this came out.  It's the "Easy Bookmark" pattern from "Learn to Tat" by Janette Baker (I needle tatted it, but I bought the book with DVD in hopes of learning the shuttle....).


I might just have to keep this for myself. LOL.  It's not blocked or anything, but I REALLY love how the colors lined up (or didn't, LOL).  Even with all the picots, this has a more masculine feel than most tatted bookmarks because of the colors.  


I think that Kermit the Frog would be in love with this one! ;-)  And I am too!!!


With love and a ribbit or two,
Stephanie Grace


**After seeing this post, I realized that the colors are darker than they actually are.... Hopefully, this scan with a black background will give you a better idea....


To me, it does seem more true to the colors, but neither one really matches.... I'm going to have to play with the settings of my scanner, aren't I?  :-/

3 comments:

Fox said...

Pretty!
Fox : )

God's Kid said...

That's a very nice bookmark! :)

Suztats said...

Very nice bookmark, Stephanie! I like the colours you've used.

Post a Comment