Layout

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Gothic Elegance? (Motif #2 /25)

First off, thank you all for your comments yesterday!  :-*  I got some great ideas and really can't thank you all enough for your encouragement.  I have an on-line "to do" list about five miles long, but, hopefully, I'll get to send some responses tonight. :-* Thank you!!!

So, what do I have for show today?  Another fan!  ;-)  By the time I got the third round done, my brain was a bit stuck on calling this one "Gothic Elegance".  It's rather sloppy, but I'm glad I got it done!  :-)  It's done in LizBeth black and 670 with Cebelia white, all in size 20 (and I think I'm right in my thought that Cebelia 30 looks better with LizBeth 20...).  

I couldn't figure out a color for the background, so you get your choice.  




Currently [unblocked], it measures around 4" by 4".  

One more I thing that I think deserves a mention:  Notice the ends!  There's less than half of what I had yesterday!!!  :-D  Why, you ask? LOL.  Well, a while back, I tried to "tat over" my ends when starting them.  It worked, but I figured that there was a good reason I never saw it any instructions or anything.  Then, I was reading Lady Shuttermaker's Blog the other day and she said "tat over tail".  Of course, this delighted me and, well, I went back to it.  :-D  I also sewed in some ends --my first time!!!  I'll sew in the rest tomorrow, maybe ...or when I figure out what in the world I'm going to do with this fan! LOL.  I definitely think these make better wall decorations than doilies ...Could just be me.

Well, that's enough of my rambling!  Hope you are all happy, safe, and having fun!  :-*

With Love,
Stephanie Grace

3 comments:

Stephanie Grace said...

Oh, wow... with the brown background, my brain just thought this looks rather like a turkey too... LOL.

God's Kid said...

Looks great! You have done a great job! :)

Suztats said...

Very nice, Stephanie! You know, it also kinda looks like a tree in blossom...........;-)

Post a Comment