Layout

Sunday, June 3, 2012

New Hobbies? Part 2 of 3

To me, you can always tell when someone enjoys what they do when they want to share it.  By that, I don't mean show pictures, etc... I mean that they'll give some supplies or teach someone how to do what they do because they want to share their enjoyment of the craft.  This was the case with a wonderful woman on Facebook who saw my cross-stitched 'S' and thought it was missing some sparkle.  After a short (haha! I say that like there was no rambling...) conversation with her, I was suddenly stalking the mailman waiting on a package.  Why?  She wanted to share her craft with me!  

I am SO glad that she did!  I'm in love with it!  

Before this, I'd never tried beaded needle point.  I thought for sure that I'd be a bloody (literally) wreck after just a few beads, but there was no blood at all!!!  :-D

In side the package, was a gorgeous strawberry kit and an starter kit using an initial.  Being me, I dove right into the strawberries, but I wanted something to show right away, so...
I'm still debating how to use it, but there's my 'S'!  :-D  I love that the beads were hematite-ish!  I love hematite! ♥

Yesterday, I FINALLY finished the strawberries!  In my excitement, I forgot to scan it before framing it, but whatever. You get the point.  :-P  This was not only my first time beading, but also my first time ever using a stamped pattern.  It was a bit confusing (especially since I swear the package picture is all done in one red shade), so there are mistakes, but it's done and I love it!  
Cruddy picture (my cell phone hates me), but I absolutely enjoyed this project!  It was so refreshing for me to do something that required no thinking of a plan of attack.  Very relaxing!  I can't wait to do more! Hubby probably doesn't realize it yet, but this means I'll definitely need more kits --and makes growing my bead stash even more crucial!  LOL.  

Okay, okay, enough rambling.  

Happy crafting and tatting to all!

♥,
Stephanie Grace

0 comments:

Post a Comment