Layout

Friday, February 25, 2011

Yup, Still Goin' Strong... (Motif #11/25)

Since discovering the mismatch of the turquoise thread with Countryside, I've been baffled as to what to do with the turquoise thread (Other than matching it with the gold which still screams Bollywood to me when paired...).  It's not a bad color or anything, just... not "me".  I just can't seem to pair it with anything --neither threadwise nor patternwise.  I know I will eventually.  I tried it with LizBeth's silver today...
I was maybe five rings in when I realized that I didn't like it, but had to finish because there's always someone who will, right?

Then, I decided to tackle the glass mat in the Winter 2011 Handy Hands Newsletter since I've been wanting to do it.  I had no clue what color to use, though, so I decided to start with the leftover turquoise from the bookmark... Guess what happened next...
Yup... I got distracted and wanted to know what just to centers would look like together... Now, I just have to decide what I'll do with this next... I thought that, maybe, I'll use the silver thread and just do from split rings and Victorian sets on either side for a chain to make a necklace or bracelet, but I'm not sure yet ...and I'm still toying with the idea of just plain adding more of the center motif to make something else... So many choices!!!

Love to you all,
Stephanie Grace

1 comments:

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I love playing with things like thread colors and designs. So fun to find new ways to use something you already like. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Post a Comment