Layout

Monday, April 12, 2010

Day One.

I have finally gotten my mind set on Tatting.  

Needles -Check.
Thread  -Check.
Time    -Check.
Patience-Err... We'll see.

About a month ago, I bought some tatting supplies and decided that I would learn how to do it no matter what.  I was ecstatic when my supplies showed up and was overjoyed when I made my first ring.  Two days later, life changed and we moved for the second time within two weeks.  

Last night, finally, I decided to take out the supplies and get down to business.  I made two flowers!  Not very good flowers, but they look like flowers, I think... 



The gold one came first.  I was following a patten found on the internet (Flower and Butterfly Bookmark by Sharon Albers).  I then realized that I was following the pattern for one flower while looking at another.  So, I tried again, this time with the right patten-to-picture match... And, so, the red one was created.  Both were created using embroidery floss, six strands, since I got tired of wasting all of the tatting thread that I have not found to be so readily available in my area.

Today, I attempted adding a leaf to the red flower... Mind you, without a clue as to HOW to do it.  It didn't come out very well, but I may post a picture later anyway...

Other "doodles" in tatting today:  A flower in black, using size 20 thread and an off-white clover in size 30... which was actually supposed to be a flower, but I messed up. 

So, what do we have?  A bunch of little rings EVERYWHERE!  I will get this right... Won't I?

-Stephanie Grace

1 comments:

Stephanie Grace said...

As a side note: I chose needle tatting over shuttle tatting because, when I first saw "tatting" it was needle tatting. I was going to try both, but money is always tight and I had just bought a bunch of Cross Stitch things and buying the supplies to start off with both would have ended up being more money than what I could afford... (That'd be another contributing factor to me using the embroidery floss until I have a better idea of what I'm doing since I only bought 2 balls of the proper thread...).

Post a Comment