When I first received "Tatted Jewelry" by Marilee Rockley, I got hooked on the Keyed Up pattern. Then, I finally figured out shuttle tatting and, well, didn't have the bravery to touch the book.
A few weeks ago (okay, probably more like a month and a half ago), I tried the Carnival pattern. I could not get rings to close for me at all. I mean, to the point where I thought that I just couldn't tat anymore. I finally got to the point where you add a bead and Bam! I realize that I wasn't supposed to cut the thread from the ball.
Well, I revisited the pattern today...
It's sloppy, but it's done! :-) (Sorry for the terrible scanned images; my cell phone wouldn't take a clear picture either...). This time, I didn't have a problem until the very last ring (go figure). Sometimes, when I think, I need to relax a bit before I tat that, I should listen to myself!
Here's another scan (with my tatting friend, a yellow jar opener, in the background.
It's tatted in LizBeth size 20, Silver with pearly size 11 seed beads, a blue sapphire-y bead and an 8mm Faceted Cat's Eye bead (also sapphire-y).
I think it's going to end up attached to the zipper on my purse (Where it will end up destroyed and I'll cry...).
I finished another coaster in blue and black, but I still need to hide the ends...
Well, happy tatting everyone!
4 hours ago